Advice: Secure your vehicle
We are reminding vehicle owners to check their vehicle security following an increase in the number of thefts of, and from motor vehicles. Most vehicle crime is opportunist and therefore preventable. We would always advise and remind owners of the following:-
* Ensure your vehicle is locked and secure whenever left. Always check your doors - don't rely on remote
* Remove all valuables and possessions when the vehicle is unattended.
* Always garage your vehicle or park on a driveway, or in well lit areas, wherever possible.
* Consider installing tracker devices - in the event your vehicle is stolen - it can be located quickly.
* Consider blocking high value vehicles in with a second vehicle... simple but it works!
* Store keyless entry car fobs in a Faraday pouch to block signal from devices used by offenders to steal
* Store all vehicle keys out of view of windows and doors - thieves will often break into your home to locate
keys to steal your vehicle.
Lets not make it easy for them!
For more information and advice visit https://www.staffordshire. police.uk/article/2320/ Vehicle-Crime
Police Contact Advice:
Telephone 999 in an emergency where there is a danger to life or a crime is in progress.
Telephone 101 for non-emergencies where police attendance is required, to report a crime or to report any other incidents. Calls to 101 have a fixed cost of 15p per call.
If you are calling about the above, please tell us that you are responding to a message from Staffordshire Smart Alert